Monday 4 June 2012

Snow white and the huntsman

~Snow White and the Huntsman ~



Back with yet another review now, this time of Snow White and the Huntsman.

So its a film that I thought was going to be good, but nothing spectacular which to be honest is what it was.

So it follows the basic concept and story  of Snow White, of a girl thats as white as snow, hair as black as a raven and lips and red as blood, that is wanted killed by her Step mother the new Queen Ravenna (Charlize Theron). Snow White was played by that 'Twilight girl' Kristen Stewart who, in my opinion,  is a terrible actress and is not beautiful as Snow White is supposed to be so that put a 'downer' on my opinion of this film already. But knowing I liked the looks of the trailer it looked a little worthy of watching. Also knowing that Chris Hemsworth as the hunter  was in it, it redeemed itself, in which all I could think of was 'he's Thor in this too!' haha. Though it is a slightly re-imagied version with SnowWhite being more of a warrior (think of Tim Burton's version of Alice In Wonderland) and the huntsmen that was sent to kill Snowwhite in the original, is now a main character.

Anyway, with all that said they film was overall good. The CG I loved hehe and as I think we all know the story of Snow white it was easy to follow. I find the Charlize Theron played the Queen perfectly so I liked her the best! She really captured a 'fairytale' acting like we see in Disney films, with how she spoke and how dramatic she was...it was really good hehe...Chris Hemsworth as excepted acted good, however as mentioned before..her was very Thor like..but in a good way! I mean hey! He's meant to be an angry, manly,  brute of a huntsman haha...Kristen Stewart, even though I will admit she was sooo much better than when she was in Twilight, and she actually gave some emphasis in how she spoke some lines, she was still pretty ridged in her acting, with facial expressions and movements which I think didn't represent Snow White very well as Snow white, as we all know, is meant to be very 'girly, exaggerated and a little over the top' haha....plus she is meant to be pretty.....I think I covered that earlier....So have I been won over to finding Kristen Stewart a good actress?? Nope.

Right overall the film is good. Not extraordinarily good, not amazing but literally just good. It wasn't terrible and there was nothing initially wrong with it, besides casting Kristen Stewart,  but I think where Snow White has been done so many times over theres nothing new or exciting about it anymore besides improvements on CG and possible a slight re-imagine.

Hmm tell me what you thought of it in the comments below, Thank you for reading!! :D~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~