Saturday 28 April 2012

Avengers Review

~The Avengers Film Review~


Hi! Back with another review, this time of the new Marvel film 'Avengers'.
This has been a long awaited film for me ever since it first got mentioned, so I anticipated it very much.
So has it lived up to my expectations? Hmm read and find out I guess hehe~



Riight so whats it about? Im going to make this as simple as possible. So if you've seen Thor film (Thor [DVD]) you'll know the character Loki. However if you have not, then it is explained who Loki is but he is Thor half brother whose out to course chaos and control the world with evil. So thats what basically happens. As the forces of evil are too strong for SHEILD to defeat Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson) calls upon the Avengers, which consist of Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), The Hulk (Mark Ruffolo) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) to help save the world!
As I'm finding it a little hard  reviewing this for some reason I'm going to break it down to sections haha~

Story/Plot
So the story is good I like it, pretty self explanatory and easy to understand so overall story is a thumbs up from me even with a few mistakes, it doesnt matter as I find it can be overlooked. Some scenes where a little boring but it was just the explanation parts and making the story flow ( in other words for the noobs that havent watched the rest of the Marvel films haha Im joking) So overall story I really like it, it is very good. However, with that said, one last little thing which again can be overlooked is. I did find something lacked, which to be honest I really don't know what it was, it just wasn't as epic as what I excepted it to be. Maybe it went on for too long? Maybe it lacked some of the heroism I wanted? Or even the simplest of things of 'I excepted too much' haha?

The CG, super powers, heroism 
CG as excepted good,  however in some scenes it looked a little too fake like the green screen failed a bit  haha, but not everything is good to be perfect and its something that doesnt make a bad difference to the film haha. The heroes super powers. So this I know comes under CG but the representation of their powers well for those who have seen the previous separate films for each of the characters (besides Hawkeye and Black Widow) they are pretty much the same, however I absolutely Love how they have made Thor thunder powers! I find they have really captured how Thor is meant to be compared to his own film haha~ The other character Hulk I love how they've got him this time, the actor and the hulk himself which actually brings me nicely to. . . .

Costumes
Well this is the only true complaint I can say about this film! It is a rather annoying one at that! Why oh why cant they get simple costuming right? Especially Hawkeye! What is with that?!? Ok so he not in it majorly so it shouldn't come into a problem, but as Im a somewhat perfectionist he really should of had a costume that vaguely resemble the proper one!
Other costuming errors, Thor and his helmet, Captain Americas mask getting ripped off (I'll let him off for that haha, but still!) Black Widows costume was more acceptable however it was still wrong haha, The Hulk I find is still too small and don't even mention Nick Fury...thats a discussion that doesn't even need to start....thats been a running annoyance since SHEILD was first introduced! 


So overall the film was really very, very good!  I really recommend watching it, I didnt watch it in 3D so I cant comment on that hehe, and yes this is not a spoiler but just a mentioned that, by the looks of things there will be a 2nd one hehe. Oh and just a little continuity error that you can watch out for which is also not a spoiler but 'Keep your eyes on Tony Starks 'STARK' logo on his building'. Just a little silly thing me and my friend noticed.
Continuing bad points costumes, a few tacky CG parts that can be over looked and lastly a little bit lacking with the entire film which I cant quite put my finger on, but if you can please comment in the section below! I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you for reading :)~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~