Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Cabin in the woods

~ The Cabin in the Woods Review~

Yesterday I went and watched The Cabin in the woods. This is a film I had no properly background insight on besides what I saw in adverts, which I have to say now done it no justice!

Right so to be honest I really can't give a proper story outline, besides what written everywhere which is 5 friends (Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Connolly, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Jesse Williams) go and stay at (you guessed it) a Cabin in the woods. The night...or day goes by and unexpected scary things happen. . . .Yeah thats literally all I can say as to not spoil anything. With that description I'm really not selling it (not that I even am as I'm just a non-profit reviewer haha)....But I have to say that you really need to see this film to actually understand it...and to be honest I say watch it!

As Joss Whedon is involved in this for me it instantly triggers the thoughts of 'compare to Buffy and Angel' which to be honest I think is a good comparison when it comes to the 'horror' scenes and pacing, especially when it starrs Amy Acker and Tom Lenk! So lets say the horror is like Buffy and Angel, and if you haven't watched them, then hmm I can describe it has slightly cheesy, not too scary, typical looking imagery for lets say zombies, werewolf's, monsters and ghouls but in a good way!

Hmm, this for me is a film I can't describe, so instead of reading this and trying to put together what the film is, either find a different review haha xD(please dont leave!) or if you have spare time and a bit of extra cash go watch it, if you like works from Joss Whedon and like a good old fashion but also a slightly new imaged horror, plus it has a cameo of Sigourney Weaver!
 I know this film is not for everyone, so I would say if you dont like horror, gore/blood, intense storys or even just dont like Joss Whedons works, dont watch it haha :)

Yep thats all I can say, please tell me what you thought in the comment section below! :)


I dont not own the picture, all text and review is written by MayonakaSun(jade/me)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~