Monday 8 July 2013

Now you see me

~ Now you see me film review ~



Just seen the new film 'Now you see me'...I like magic, and this film is about magic. I didn't really know what to properly except, nor did I do any previous reading up on it.

So what is this film about?
A group of magicians, that specializes in different musician roles, such as a trickster/ sleight of hand artist, a mentalist/ psychic, an illusionist...and thats all the magician roles I know haha.... But anyway, they are conjured together to do a bunch of bank robbery performances, rewarding the audience with their...'earnings'. Obviously their performances are all magic tricks...which are all good! :)

I have to say this film is very clever. Although Its easy to understand so you won't be lost in it, its one of those films that got me thinking 'aww I would never have thought'....throughout. They portray how a magician would be the ultimate criminals, but also how they can be a ultimate detectives.

Anyway, out of all the magicians, Dave Francos and Woody Harrelson's characters I liked the best...Dont ask me why, I just liked their characters...Not that  Jesse Eisenberg and Isla Fishers characters were not great too hahah~
Mark Ruffulos character was very good too, however in my head I've just type casted him as 'Hulk!' hahah xD

Overall, if you like magic, magic shows and a heavy story based film then then will be your film. I have not really seen another film like this so from a film only perspective its an original for me. (Obviously, there are magic series on TV and things but me personally have not seen a magic based film beside ones containing witches, wizards, and all fantasy!) also If you like Jesse Eisenberg then I'd say hes in his prime again as hes acting like as an obnoxious jerk again like in the social network! hahah~

Thank you for reading and tell me what you thought about it in the comments below~

Other films you may like, with the certain actors in as I don't know what to really compare it to:-
*ZombieLand - Jesse Eisenberg & Woody Harrelson
*Bunraku - Woody Harrelson
*Oz the great and powerful - Dave Franco's brother, James Franco! hahah xD
And others in my list of movies reviews found here- http://mayonakasun.blogspot.co.uk/p/main-topic-posts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~