Saturday 6 April 2013

Dark Skies


http://www.filmoria.co.uk/2013/02/haunting-new-dark-skies-uk-poster-flies-in/
~ Dark Skies movie review~

I wasn't really excepting to even watch Dark Skies to be honest, but my friends asked so I went! haha...I didn't really know what to even except either actually.

So what its about? A normal family who are a little 'under the weather' financially, but live like a normal 'sunny' family should trying to get by. Then obviously things start going wrong and they have to figure out what is happening within their family!

Ok, so reading that you probably think 'that sounds boring!'...well the film overall, really isn't!..
IF you like thriller films....or should I say darn right Scary/ creepy films! Now I don't get creeped out by a lot of things and I've watched ALOT of scary/creepy films, but this one really got to my head! They made some of  the 'scary' scenes like those of an Asian film in which they are not obviously THERE, bam in your face...its waits until you are not focused on the background to give you sneaky hints of the 'scary' things....Ok so that probably didn't make much sense at all, but me put a scenario for you.
In the film it was panning around one of the main characters Daniel Barret (Josh Hamlinton)...the background is completely back, but then whilst through a door the thing is there. They don't make any effort to focus on it nor look at it, we just know its there..... which I think makes it stay in you head more....well for me it has as now I'm home shadows are looking rather spooky to me at the moment hehehe~ If anything even though I'm not scared by 'slenderman'...its that type of scare!

Anyway, soundtrack it just like any other scary film, not really much of it just to create tension and suspense...so I couldn't really say much about it.

CG, was adverge, wasn't anything special about it really. I don't have anything really to say about visuals.

Acting, was again more about evoking emotions and I find the actors and actresses done a very good job on it.

Overall, if you like alien films, scary films or ghost films, it would be worth a watch. Its not the best horror I've seen but it definitely is not the worse!

Thank you for reading and let me know what you think in the comments below! :)


Please read:- Insidious & Cabin in the Woods if you liked this film! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~