Monday 11 February 2013

Wreck-it Ralph film review


HI! So I'm actually back with a review of the new Disney film 'wreck-it Ralph'....To be honest in the time I've not updated here I have watch 'Les Miserables' but lets not talk about that.

So what Wreck-it Ralph about? Completely set in an arcade world, in which its kind of like a Toy Story moment when the arcade closes the video game characters 'live on' in their own worlds. The main character Ralph is the bad guy in his game 'Fix-it Felix Jr'. With this he gets fed up of living a bad guy and tries to become a hero. This all makes things crazy and he has to set things right. Along the way he meets characters Vanellope Von Scheetz, Calhoun, King Candy and of course Fix-it Felix Jr.

Being a Disney film I always except good things, and as always they meet that expectation. Featuring game characters from (what I can remember) Mario, Mortal Kombat, Pac Man, Sonic, Street Fighter, Space Invaders, Dance Dance Revolution and many more that I cant think of or probably recognise its really has a lot going on, but I think they've really balanced action, with humour, emotion, calm and dialogue. The animation looks great and the soundtrack is amazing, with a mix of old-school and modern game-like music. The only annoying thing that I think may and up-ed this is if they had put different types of graphics such as a lower 'looking' resolution to older games and a new 'looking' resolution feel to new ones same goes for music. Backing tracks could have been more retro sounding for old ones and modern for new. What I mean overall is that the CG and soundtrack was modern looking all the way through. However I will say movements of the old games where great! (You'll need to watch to find out what I mean!)

What else can I say? I don't know, but overall I loved this film!! Go watch it! hehe

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think in the comment thing below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~