Wednesday 8 August 2012

YesAsia Review

http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html - Screencap from 8th August 2012
~ YesAsia Review ~

So this is not my usual review, but seeming as people are interested in hearing others views on YesAsia.com, I thought I'd give my opinion here :)

I am a 'new customer' to YesAsia, so my first order from them was of Super Juniors 'Sexy, Free and Single' :)...
I could rant at how great this album is, however this is a review of YesAsia, not Super Junior....

At the time YesAsia had the summer sale or whatever sale thing it was, so the 'album plus poster' had 25% off, in which for me in pounds cost only £26.73-ish. Although it could be seen as expensive, I considered that it IS a book, plus album, plus Poster which really its retentively good for what you get.
 I also trusted that the site gave legit products and I also had read they are reliable site in the first place, which is the reason I decided to shop with them, than elsewhere.

Now onto 1.Payment, 2.Shipping and 3.Delivery and 4.Packaging.(Use 'find' to find the sections you are looking for :D)

1.Payment-
I ordered on the Friday 13th of July 2012 and used the Paypal payment method. As this is my first order from YesAsia I cannot compare any of their other payment methods. But the payment showed on my bank statement by the Monday or Tuesday of the next week, meaning well fast payment hehe~

2.Shipping-
As for Shipping. Very fast! They shipped the next day (Saturday 14th July), in which they send an email saying that they have.

3.Delivery-
For delivery I am going to try and be as accurate as possible with dates as whilst reading other opinions, it annoyed me that people didn't include what dates they ordered, when YesAsia shipped, what country the person lives or how long it took for them to receive...which for me was all the things I wanted to know!

I live in the South of England, so that'll give you an idea of whereabouts it is being delivered. As mentioned before I ordered on the Friday 13th of July 2012 and they shipped the next day. I was excepting it to be pretty fast seeming as it shipped that fast.

However since shipment, quite a while had pasted...ok well only 10 days (not including Sundays at the time) haha...and I was getting a little worried because I have always been used to 2-3 day deliveries from other companies in the past haha~

By then it was 26th July so I emailed them asking if it had been lost or if it was still on it way.
 They replied the next day (27th July) with:
"Dear (My name here),
Thank you for writing to YesAsia.com!

In reference to order (My order number), the corresponding shipment left our warehouse on Jul.14. Your selected shipping method was standard shipping, which normally requires 6 to 14 business days (excluding weekends) from the shipment date for delivery.

We apologize but we were not issued a tracking code for this shipment as it is being treated as normal air mail by the post office. As the shipment period has not yet exceeded expected delivery time, please wait a few more days. Please note that this is an international shipment from Hong Kong and may experience minor delivery delays due to customs or postal issues."  
With that I carried on waiting. I took out all Saturdays before that in which 14 days actually branched across 3 weeks, of weekdays only. I excepted my delivery to be Thursday 2nd August however it still didn't turn up by then so I emailed them again asking the same things and if it had just been delayed.  They replied again the next day with:


"Dear (my name here),

Thank you for writing to YesAsia.com!

Possible delay may be caused due to customs clearance or postal issues and we apologize that your order may have experienced such delay.

If by AUG 11 this is still undelivered, please inform us immediately for further checking. We would not allow our customers to bear the loss and a reshipment will be created further."
In the end mine took 18 days in which it was delivered Wednesday 8th August (today actually if you take a look see at the date of this post! hehe) by Royal Mail for those who are are waiting haha ;)....My order I knew/know is coming in 2 parts, so at the moment I have my album only with no poster....I'm hoping my poster will come tomorrow! :)

4. Packaging. 
Here are all the pictures of packaging :) Although as said my poster will come a little later than this delivery, I will add the packaging for that once I get it....

The packaging is pretty basic as you can see, its the same quality as Amazon really, so pretty good. However I am a little annoyed that the shrink wrap plastic around the album seemed too tight so it bent the corners a little bit..otherwise all good to me! :D~

Overall, I think I will be shopping with them again. Although its the slowest delivery I've ever experienced, the 1st/main part of my order come only 4 days later than the excepted 14 days, so not so bad, only have my poster to come still.... The pricing for me I found pretty decent, ONLY if you get free shipping which only counts if you spend $40 which is about £26. So for us UK customers, finding something for only £26 will be pretty easy hehehe :)~

So yeah, I hope this helps anyone that is ordering from YesAsia, sorry it quite a long read but I've tried exampling well everything hahaha... please tell me your experiences in the comments below! 
Thank you for reading! :D~

17 comments:

  1. Thank you, your post was VERY informative. I ordered from them a couple days ago, and I'm so anxious for my package

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your package arrives on time, and thank you so much for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. im glad to hear that im not the only one with late package. But for me, i preorder an cd and it said it got mailed oct 22. and its now nov 19. i called in yesterday and they think its lost...im so sad i order here. ive been dying for this cd cuz it the new gazettez album. i shall stick to kpopmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad my posted helped.
      Thats ashame your package has not arrived....
      If it was the limited edition gazette, then that could also be the cause of the delay with high-demand of the product in the beginning and the weight/ how big the box is!
      I hope you get your CD soon though!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, this was really helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just placed my first order with Yes Asia today. Thanks to your comments I know I will have to be patient - wait a little longer than expected. Hong Kong to Pennsylvania could take some time. Ordered three cds by Taiwan singer Wu Bai that can't be gotten in the states. Thank you for posting your experience my friend ! Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you order doesn't take too long!
      Otherwise, they are always an email away hehe :) Good luck to you!
      Thank you for taking your time to comment! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  5. I know my comment is pretty ass late but I also just made my first order by standard shipping, I entered a fully right street address but forgot to also include my p.o box :/ will that be an issue at the post office? Will it ever be delivered 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No problem!
      Im surprised anyone found my post hehe, but I would email them to include your p.o box just in case there is an issue. I don't know how p.o boxes work but it may make postage easier if they have it!
      Good luck sorting it out! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, I recently preordered an album from Yesasia. I order it on the 25th of August and the album was shipped on the 21st of September. I live in the UAE. Do you have any idea on how it would take to arrive. I emailed the site but I haven't received any reply yet so I resent it. The album has been released but I haven't listened to any other songs besides the title song and its already been a little more than a week and my self resolve is wavering so I wanted to know if it's worth waiting any longer. I'm really desperate. Please Help me out if you can. Yours is the only thread in which there was actual, on point info so I'm very thankful that you posted it. Once again I'm sorry for the disturbance and thank you for you're help if you choose to do so. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thank you for comment! :)
      I will try my best to help or maybe clear somethings up however as I don't work for YesAsia nor know how they work internally, I can only base my reply on my experiences with them only :).

      From your comment though, I would continue to wait as it has only been shipped on the 21st September, meaning only 4 working days have passed since its been shipped.
      You may've ordered on the 25th August but it seems they have taken until the 21st of September for your album to come in stock for them to be able to ship it to you.
      If you ordered with standard shipping too, what seems to be zone 4 then it takes 7-30 days for it to deliver so you could receive anywhere between then.

      Sorry for you're wait if it is going to take that long but hopefully they will reply in the mean time and they will be able to explain what is going on.

      Also if the album you order is new and from a popular band, I know that stock levels for them will be competitive so it may've taken a while for them to be able to get it!

      Thank you again for your comment and wishing you all the luck you can get with waiting for your album!! :D

      Delete
    2. Ok, so it’s been 14 days now but still no news about the album. I just saw your reply. Thank you so much for helping.

      Delete
    3. Try to email them again to ask about your album if it still has not arrived nor have they reply. I also think they use Twitter at times, but I DO NOT have experience contacting them via Twitter so I can not comment on how it'd work using Twitter to ask them questions.
      Thanks for you comment again, I hope your album arrives soon!

      Delete
  7. Hi
    I also have had delivery issues from Yeasia.
    I placed two orders- one was a CD that was shipped on Sept 8/17 but I never received until Oct 27/17 - almost 7 weeks!
    The 2nd order shipped on Sept 12/17 but still haven't arrived after waiting over a month to be in stock. At the time when I ordered it said it was available but shortly after I ordered, it became WaitList. So from the time to wait for this book to be in stock to still not receiving it...I'm getting abit annoyed.

    I've emailed them and they were not very helpful at first and I had to dispute them on Paypal as I paid for these items and not rec'd. One of them like I mentioned arrived finally but the other is still missing.
    They said they will reship to me after I had to dispute with them on Paypal as they were doing nothing to help me at first. Now, I have to wait again and see if the reshipment will ever arrive.

    I don't understand why it takes soooo long- I've ordered items from Asia and out of the country and it does not take this long.
    Thanks for listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh thats so annoying! I'm sorry to hear! Arghh I hate when things happen like this, but I hope it gets sorted soon!! :(

      Delete

Please, share your thoughts~