Tuesday 17 July 2012

The 'Amazing' Spiderman

http://abovegroundmagazine.com/news/culture-news/movies/05/02/movie-posters-the-amazing-spider-man-official/
~ The Amazing Spiderman ~ 



'Amazing' Spiderman.....Hmm Amazing is just something you cannot use for this film.
 So we all know what Spiderman is about I think, but just to have a small synopsis on this film....Its a re-boot of the other Spiderman films, which in my honest opinion was soo much better than this film!
It begins with Peter Parker whose a normal student, that is excellent at science. Gwen Stacey his 'love interest'....and how Peter Parker becomes the amazing Spiderman.....Oh and Dr Conners the 'crazy' scientist guy that not many people take a lot of attention to who turns himself into a Lizard in which Spiderman has to defeat him, after his overcome his 'oh so difficult social life'.....

Do you get a somewhat disappointed Vibe from me? Well you'd be right on that!
However disappointed I am in this film, I will start with all the good things. So the general storyline was very close to the comic, ok a few scenery mistakes like when he got bit, and the usual story mistakes (as usual), but otherwise rather accurate. Spidey's costume was very good!  The CG as excepted was really good, and when they eventually got to some worth while action scenes they were good.. Stan Lee's appearance there are probably a few more good points about this film and I know there are ...but ermm, I usual like soundtracks to films, but this one I can't comment on as it wasn't that great either....so now onto the bad.

Right so Peter Parker himself. You may agree or disagree with me on this, but I found him incredibly irritating! Ok, so yes, Parker is arrogant and cocky whilst donned in his Spidey costume, but really, they took it over board, and he became annoying ...Who is this character they are trying to portray in this film?!?
 Parker IS and is meant to be a geek....this Parker is a hipster?...no an emo? maybe a skater? no actually I think he's a rebel?... hmm plus a friend to 'jocks'...an a liked person in his school, whats that all about? Parker isn't liked, nor is he a rebel, or does he skate around on a skateboard. He doesn't argue (well much hah) with his aunt and uncle like a moody emokid, NO! But enough of this, I could go on forever about how much I don't like him as Peter Parker.... I don't care if they've portrayed him like this in the new comics (they are rubbish in my opinion haha) this Parker I don't like.....hmm yeah, thats all I'll say about Parker. Oh and the whole thing of him revealing his identity to practically everyone, because its 'oh so hard' to keep in to himself....gah! >.<....

Next comes to how they told the story. So as I said above the story is pretty accurate, but it revolved I find way too much about Parkers social life and his love life with Gwen, and very little about the Lizard who is the main villain in this film. Although they are trying to 'grow' his character in the film and this involved Gwen of course, the scenes between them went on for too long, making it seem more of a romance film and not spiderman.... more of Peter Parkers 'miserable' life and how he overcomes his misfortunes because he's so greeeeat....However thats not a major gripe I had, it was more the portrayal of Spidey and Parker that annoyed me the most, which I think is the main reason this film for me was pretty bad.

A few other things that I'll only mention because this post is becoming rather well.... long, is the Lizard himself, although looked good to some degree, I prefer him with 1. A longer LIZARD like snout and not looking like a snake with legs 2. coarser scales that didn't make his skin look just blobby... and well the lizard doesn't run around completely naked he usually has his lab coat on which he had sometime, but kept ripping it off hahahaha.... umm Gwen although wasn't the worse nor I'd say that bad at all, I didn't like her haha, maybe due to Parker being so annoying so its kind of clouded my judgment on her? And final lets see, certain characters dieing near the end who shouldn't have?

Yeah thats all I've got to say about this film. It'll be good if you don't know Spiderman very well and just like all the 'new comics' , but it'll be bad if you do know the true Spiderman. So tell me what you think of the Amazing Spiderman...Chances are a lot of you will think it lives up to the title of 'Amazing', because thats all I've been seeing, but I'm hoping some will have a similar opinion to me? hehe~

Ok if you've actually made it this far, thank you so much for reading I really appreciate that you have! I really apologise for the grammar and sentencing, but to be honest with a somewhat rant like this proofreading doesn't come into it huh?  :)~  Anyway thanks again for reading, and check out my other reviews :D~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~