Friday 18 May 2012

Dark Shadows 2012 Review

~ Dark Shadows 2012 ~
Well as obvious as the title of this post is, I went and saw Dark Shadows. 
 
Aww so I I always like Tim Burton films so I maybe a little bias towards it hahah.

Anyway what this film about?? As I have never watched the Tv Series of Dark Shadows, I really wouldn't know if it was comparable or anything like it at all, so this I will still just say the rough story of the film. Vampire Barnabas Collins (Johnny Depp) comes back from a life of entrapment into the 1970's where he meets thats time Collins family. Coming back into this time he 'helps' the carry on the Collins fishing company. Along the way he encounters old enemy and somewhat love interest Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green), Dr Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), Victoria Winters (Heathercoate)...other things arise and uncover along the way, but I said all of that it was just spoil it now wouldn't it? 

So was it any good? So basing it purely on the film itself (and not towards comparing to the TV series), I really liked it! The story was good, easy to follow and just yeah a well told and well developed plot, with some good comedy! Though I could say it was  a little mixed up and rushed at the end, I dont know if that has anything to do with the TV series? (Anyone care to explain?).Good CG and 'real' make up effects we don't always see in films a lot anymore. The acting as excepted was good, in which I don't know if anyone else can see it, or would agree...that Johnny Depps acting reminded me very much of Rowan Atkinson haha xD....but that might be just me? 

Hmm, this is a vampire film that we finally needed after all the junky sparkly vamp films that have been out, this is a great vampire film I think most people would like. I finds it quite an easy going film that can be liked by anyone, though that just my opion. Hmm what more can I say than just watch it, its a great film! 
Oh and just one small thing for anyone that has watched Tim Burtons 'Ed Wood'...or Bela Lugosi's vampire films of his 'vampire hypnotise hand movement'...yep Barnabas does that!  I found it funny anyway.... 

Thank you for reading....Let me know what you think by commenting below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~