Friday 3 February 2012

Chronicle Film Review

Image from 
~Chronicle Film Review~



Right, last night watch the new film 'Chronicle'. Its a film I didn't know much about before watching it, beside what I saw from adverts.

What is Chronicle about? Its about 3 high school students that some how discover a way of 'supernatural' powers. This bring the 3 closer but in the process they loose control and things go wrong.

Its quite a straight forward film and easy to follow. Although with 'Cloverfield' like 'actor' personal camera  thing got rather annoying at some points as it just showed a blank black screen for a few minutes or would not stop shaking, with is rather annoying, even if the action was meant to be 'intense'.

Anyway, the special effects were not the best, nor where they the worst I've seen, they just held up to tell the story well, and the demonstrate the 'superpowers' they had...all pretty basic expectations.

My overall verdict. Good. Though this is not the best film you'll see, its something that's worth watching, whether on DVD or cinema, it'll still be good. I think one of the other things beside 'how cool the power would be in real life' haha, is that I think it captures real emotions. Its doesn't seem like a normal 'superhero' film as its really down to earth,I'd say more of a general portrayal of what things maybe like with powers...with the obvious sometimes over the top-ness and contrived-ness haha.
Anyway, thats all I have to say about this.Thanks for reading and tell me your opinion in the comments below.
Oh and as I couldn't find (when I searched) the runtime of Chronical its 84 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~