Sunday 1 August 2010

Kdrama Review: You're Beautiful

*Most will be vague because already most people will already know what happens I dont want to spoil for those who dont :).

Ahh well, I never thought I would be writing about a Korean Drama, 'cause to be honest they are
mind numbingly annoying sometimes in my opinion, but every so often I watch some whether it be tiny bits or a few episodes then stop because for some reason however reluctant I am, I can't help going back to watching haha because a person I like maybe in it, but this one was actually very good and I continued to watch 'til the end.
It was a few days ago when I stopped watching and since then, though I hate to admit it, I'm still addicted and is really wanting to buy a Pig-Rabbit and Band pog thingys and especially the soundtrack as I loved it so much haha~

But anyway, where I'm pretty much a noob at Kdramas and have only watched bits and pieces of episodes or one or two episodes of dramas I wouldn't know where to start on comparisons, so I'll just say what I think of this one.

Its follows Go Mi Nyu (Park Shin Hye) as a 'soon to be Nun', who is taken into stardom due to having to take over the place of her twin brother Go Mi Nam,as the new member in a boy band called 'A.N.Jell' which consists of the happy, smiley Jeremy (Lee HongKi), Calm and collected Kang Shin Woo (Jung Yong Hwa), and the serious and somewhat hygiene freak Hwang Tae Kyung (Jang Geun Suk), as as you have probably already guessed, Go Mi Nam actually being a girl....yeah you get it she falls for one of them, like other Kdramas, when a girl pretends to be a boy hehe.

I found it to be very funny, very 'emotional' and just all around good and though I know dramas are normally set for girls, I think this one can be very much for guys as well.
I loved all the characters and although yes, over the top most of them time with constant crying, face pulling and exaggerated actions (which I know makes the characters good) I loved the acting very much and made me actually feel something as I watched unlike most things, making me very attached to them and sad when things went wrong for them, even for the 'liar' hehe.

I mean from ones, well bits I've watched of other dramas, I know this follows the main traits in Kdramas, but still this one definitely stood out to be better for me.
So, if you are like me and can put up with Kdramas and want to like them but they just get on your nerves just a little too much to carry on then I very much think this one is for you!!

I am wanting another season from this, to see what finally happens in the story but if there will not be a continuing series it still ends in a somewhat happy ending.

So yeah, that's it for the review,if you are thinking of watching it then DO so hehe :D~

~~~~~~~~~~
At the moment I'm finally watching IRIS (been wanting to watch it from when it first come out haha) because T.O.P is in it heh, so once I've watched that, I'll be writing a review about that too :)~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~